Criminal Defense Attorneys in New Braunfels, San Marcos and Seguin
If you or someone you care for is arrested, contact a criminal defense attorney from The Kyle Law Firm immediately. The police and prosecuting lawyers are not on your side. Only a defense attorney like those at The Kyle Law Firm can ensure that your rights are protected.
A felony or misdemeanor conviction can impact lives for years down the road. Your convictions may show up on background checks and be grounds for denial of housing, employment or benefits. If you are convicted of a sex offense, you will be required to sign up for Texas’ public sex offender registry. Most offenders who go to prison are also required to serve probation at some point, which requires registration, regular reporting and restrictions that are very burdensome on daily life.
Criminal Defense Cases
- Driving with a suspended license, which can cause further suspension of the license.
- Driving under the influence can happen many different ways, including driving while being dosed with legally prescribed medication, as well as recreational drugs and alcohol.
- Drug offenses may include possession and trafficking. In many cases, possession of a certain amount of drugs can be enough to show intent to traffic, even when that idea never entered the defendant’s head.
- Burglary occurs when someone unlawfully enters a building for the purpose of committing a felony inside. Burglary is frequently charged along with thefts and larceny.
- Assault, including aggravated assault and assault with firearms. An assault is an unlawful threat or physical attack on someone else.
- Sexual crimes are among the toughest crimes to defend. A sexual crime accusation can tear apart families and destroy lives more than anything else. Such accusations require skill and delicacy.
- Manslaughter and murder, also known as homicides. Homicides are the wrongful killings of other human beings. Murders can generate a lot of publicity and can be incredibly complex cases.
Why Contact The Kyle Law Firm
A criminal defense attorney from The Kyle Law Firm is helpful in many ways:
- Help with getting bail at a reasonable rate.
- Can tell if any searches or seizures used to develop evidence against you were wrongful, and if that evidence can be excluded.
- During a trial, your attorney can effectively deliver arguments, examine witnesses, tell when the prosecution is violating a rule of procedure, and object appropriately.
- If you choose to make a plea deal, negotiations with an attorney at your side almost always have better results.
- An attorney can also present mitigating evidence if you are found guilty at trial to reduce your sentence.
- They can tell if you have grounds for appeal, and can use post-conviction procedures if new evidence is found that would exonerate you.
- A criminal defense attorney can continue to work for you even after you are found guilty. A convicted criminal still has rights that must be respected.
Doing criminal defense law correctly and successfully requires a thorough knowledge of the federal and Texas State Constitutions and relevant case law, rules of procedure and local practice, knowledge of the personalities of judges and prosecutors, and years of trial experience. The law alone fills thousands of pages, and experience is impossible to get without years of trials. Do not attempt to defend yourself against criminal charges, but instead contact The Kyle Law Firm today.
At The Kyle Law Firm, Matt Kyle has years of experience in criminal defense law. He is a member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and has developed a reputation for tenacious defense work for his clients. The Kyle Law Firm serves New Braunfels, San Marcos, Canyon Lake and the greater Austin area. Initial consultations are always free, so contact us today.